Fort York Food Bank
FYFB is a multi-service agency focused on reconnecting people with our community.
797 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON. Canada
my FYFB account
is delivered to
Please click [PREFERENCES] to review your profile and help us maintain accurate contact information.
Click [FORWARD] to forward to a friend.
What's Happening @ FYFB
FYFB Open House
Wednesday November 22
Come and celebrate all we have done together!
Join us as we recognize the outstanding commitment of our volunteers, hear touching stories of how FYFB is impacting lives, enjoy some FYFB "home cooked" treats and tour our centre to learn how we are serving people in Toronto area. A night to remember!
- 797 Dundas Street West (one block west of Bathurst, on the south side of Dundas)
- TTC service is provided by the Dundas 505 and Bathurst 511 streetcars
FYFB is making a difference!
Fort York Food Bank provides integrated and holistic services.
- Food Program: 3 day supply of groceries consistent with the Canada Food Guide
- Drop in Centre: meals, computer access, clothing, books and magazines
- Information and Support: case work, resources and workshops to address underlying challenges faced by clients
- Community Vitality: economic development, community garden, volunteering and special events
"I come here for the community and the conversation. It's a place to belong. Since I am on government assistance, FYFB gives me purpose and a rhythm to my week."
~ Volunteer and Client since 2014
Fort York Food Bank donations add up!
- We serve 1000 clients/ month and 35,000 meals per year.
- After accounting for occupancy-related expenses our clients survive on approximately $4 day.
- Through our leveraging program, for every $1 cash donation we are able to serve 6 families a 3 day grocery hamper. $1 = 6 families x 3 days!
- $8.50 of positive social impact is created for every $1 donated to FYFB.
- 96% of cash donations go directly towards program delivery.
Fort York Food Bank is a registered charity.
On-line donations can be sent to fyfb.com or canadahelps.org.
- Respect for the individual
- Importance of volunteers
- Responsiveness to clients
- Accountability to stakeholders
Ways to Get Involved at FYFB
Do you know someone who'd be interested in the great work FYFB does? Tell them about us by clicking here or participate in one of the events posted at fyfb.com/events.